A floor plan provides a birds-eye view of a location by outlining where critical areas of your business are located such as entrances, exits, inventory storage, manager's offices, and employee lockers. Solink's Floor Plan feature allows you to visualize how your camera system is setup to provide security and protection for your business. Having easy access to the layout of your cameras is helpful for:
- 🔍 Investigations: Easily identify other camera angles that might catch critical evidence helping you close more cases.
- 🔒 Security: Quickly perform security audits by identifying blind-spots or areas with insufficient camera coverage.
- 🔧 Operations: Remove the guesswork when you need to fix a camera that goes offline or needs to be serviced.
How to upload a floor plan in Solink
1. On the Video tab, select a location and click on the Floor Plan button in the top right corner to get started.
2. If you are starting fresh without a previous floor plan you will see the upload screen. Click on "Choose File" and select your floor plan image from your computer. Please note: Only image files (.jpeg, .png) up to 20 MB are supported.
3. Once your floor plan has been uploaded you will be in the editing mode. Drag cameras from the camera list on the right side and drop it onto the floor plan.
- Adjust the direction a camera is pointing by dragging the black handle.
- Adjust the field of view of a camera by dragging the orange handle.
4. Click the Save button when you're done placing cameras to enter the viewing mode.
Interacting with cameras on the floor plan
Now that your floor plan has been set up you can use it to select which cameras to watch based on where they are on the map.
- Hover your mouse over a camera's field of view to see a live preview and click to open the camera in the player.
- The camera icon on the floor plan will appear orange if that camera is currently offline.
- Look for the Show Floor Plan button in the video player to change or pick multiple cameras to watch by clicking Add Camera.