1 - Who has access to the Video Alarms feature?
All users can subscribe to video alarms and choose their preferred notification method, however, only Admin users can define location schedules and select cameras for generating video alarms.
2 - How can I set up a video alarm?
There are three main steps:
- Define a schedule for the location in the Alarm Settings.
- Choose which cameras should generate alarms by selecting a Scheduled or Always On status and make sure they have Motion Zones set up.
- Subscribe to video alarms to receive notifications for any camera that is armed.
Read our in-depth guide in this article or try our interactive tour.
3 - Can cameras have their own alarm schedule?
Currently - no. Alarm schedules are set up at each location and cameras can either follow the schedule or be set to a 24/7 - always on - schedule. We are looking to include camera specific schedules in a future update of Video Alarms.
4 - How fast will I receive a Video Alarm?
In most cases, notifications of Video Alarms appear within 60 seconds of the motion being detected by the camera.
- Push notifications through the mobile apps require permissions in order to send you notifications. Review your device's support documents for information on how to grant access for the Solink apps.
- Email alerts could get caught in spam/junk filters. Be sure to check these folders if you are not receiving email notifications.
5 - How do I stop receiving notifications for alarms?
You can easily unsubscribe from each location directly within the apps.
On the web, select the location on the video page and click the Unsubscribe button.
6 - How can I adjust where motion is detected on a camera?
On each camera card, Admin users will see a Motion Zones button. Motion Zones will be used to detect motion for generating alarms. Try to select the smallest zone possible to avoid picking up unwanted motion.