Download the app
You will need to download and install the application from the AppleTV app store. Simply search for Solink in the app store to download the latest version. You will be asked to confirm your AppleID (if this setting is on) before you can download the app. Once on installed, simply click the Solink logo to launch the application.
Enter the same username and password that you use to login on your web or mobile device.
- All Cameras - here is a list of your cameras across all locations as well as any camera groups, like Recently Viewed and Favorites. Use this view to see and select any of your cameras while exploring from a single screen.
- Groups - this is a filtered view of only your camera groups. Camera groups bring together cameras from across your locations into a single convenient spot. Learn how to create your own custom camera groups in this article.
- Locations - this is a view of your cameras by location only.
- Search - search for a camera group, location, or camera by name.
- Map view - Explore your locations from a map of the world! Zoom in to pinpoint the exact location you want to watch.
Glass Touch Surface: touchpad to swipe UP, DOWN, LEFT and RIGHT through Solink app options, camera list, groups, locations, etc. While in Live/Recorded Video mode, you can use the touchpad to swipe UP and DOWN to access the date picker, scroll through video timeline and access other cameras, etc.
Menu: serves as a “back button” to get back to the last function/option used.
Play/Pause: Play and Pause recorded video and to turn Camera Switching feature ON/OFF
The Solink AppleTV app was purposely designed to allow you maximum flexibility in viewing your cameras using the simple Apple TV remote (Siri Remote), pictured above. You can learn more about the different areas of the Remote here. You can also use an iPad or iPhone to control the Apple TV if they are on the same network and setup to do so. More information can be found here.
Selecting a camera
To select a camera to watch, navigate between the menu tabs by swiping LEFT and RIGHT on your Apple TV Remote trackpad.
Once your desired tab is highlighted, swipe UP and DOWN to navigate between the different locations and groups. You can also use the search to quickly find a specific camera or location.
Within a location or group, swipe LEFT and RIGHT (on touchpad) to see more cameras.
Select a camera and you will be taken into Live mode. Swipe UP to access the calendar picker. Use this to watch recorded video by selecting a date. You will start watching from 12:00 PM on the day you select. Swipe DOWN to scrub through the video and select the time you would like.
To switch between cameras, swipe DOWN three times until the camera selector appears. You can now pick from any of the cameras in your current location or group.
Viewing multiple cameras
Using the touchpad, long-press (4 sec) on a camera to open the player with four cameras open. The first four cameras in the location or group will now appear. Swiping down on the touch surface will bring up other cameras that you can select. You can only watch Live video in multi-view.
If you would like to set the cameras to automatically rotate every 10 seconds, simply select your camera(s) in Live mode and press the PLAY/PAUSE button. A message should appear on the screen indicating that the cameras will automatically switch. A countdown will appear in the bottom right corner.
Map view of locations:
The map view provides a fast and effective way to move to any of your locations. Each location is represented on the map with a pin. When multiple locations are close by, these locations are shown with a single clustered pin, with the number of locations indicated on the pin.
Selecting the clustered pin with the clicking the Glass Touch surface will zoom the map in to view the individual location pins. To zoom back out, you can press the Menu button on your remote.
Selecting a location pin by clicking the touchpad will bring up a camera selector for that location to view.
Here is how you can control and move around on this page. Click the Play/Pause button on your remote to bring up the various controls:
- Moving around the map - use the Glass Touch surface to navigate the map.
- Change store location - use the Glass Touch surface to navigate the locations only.
- Zoom in - Zoom in on the current area
- Zoom out - Zoom out of the current area