You will need to download and install the AppleTV application from the AppleTV app store. Simply search for Solink in the app store to download the latest version. You will be asked to confirm your AppleID (if this setting is on) before you can download the app. Once on your system, simply click the Solink logo to launch the application.
Enter the same username and password that you use on your web or mobile device to login to the Solink application and you will be taken to the first tab, All Cameras. A quick summary of the tabs are:
- All Cameras - here is a list of all your cameras across all locations as well as any camera groups including Recently Viewed and Favorites. Use this view to go to any of your locations and groups from a single screen.
- Groups - this is a view of your groups only. Use this view to quickly get to your camera groups, which can have cameras from multiple locations.
- Locations - this is a view of your cameras by location only.
- Search - search for a camera group, location, or camera.
- Map view -Quickly jump to the location you want to view using a map.
The Solink AppleTV app was purposely designed to allow you maximum flexibility in viewing your cameras using the simple Apple TV remote (Siri Remote), pictured above. You can learn more about the different areas of the Remote here. You can also use an iPad or iPhone to control the Apple TV if they are on the same network and setup to do so. More information can be found here.
Viewing more than one camera at a time (multiview)- simply long-press on the glass touch surface (at least 4 seconds) and let go. The first four cameras in the location or group will now appear. Swiping down on the touch surface will bring up other cameras that you can select. 360 cameras will be displayed as a pinhole camera in multi-view.
Viewing Archive video - from a single camera view, swipe up to display the calendar control and then slide to the desired date and click.
When watching a single camera you can:
- Swipe down to expose the timeline, and then swipe left or right to go forward or backward. You can also click to go forward 10 seconds.
- Swipe down twice to move across the timeline to a specific time.
- Swipe down three times to change to a different camera
Clicking menu will take you to the main screen and the tab you were originally on.
The map view provides a fast and effective way to move to any of your locations. Here is how you can control and move around on this page. Click the PlayPause button on your remote to bring up the various controls:
- Moving around the map - use the Glass Touch surface to navigate the map.
- Change store location - use the Glass Touch surface to navigate the locations only.
- Zoom in - Zoom in on the current area
- Zoom out - Zoom out of the current area