What are Camera Groups?
Custom Camera Groups
Cameras are usually organized by their physical location in most video surveillance systems. This is convenient when investigating an issue at a single location, but can become cumbersome when trying to audit a specific area across many locations. In Solink, we allow users to create custom groups for organizing similar cameras across multiple locations. For example, a user could create a group for cameras covering the manager's office across all of their locations for quicker access to those views.
Favorites Camera Group
Users can designate cameras as favorites by marking them with the star icon located in the top right of the camera's thumbnail. These cameras will appear in the Favorites category at the top of the list under Groups in Solink for web.
How to create a Camera Group
- Head to the Video tab and select a location to view its cameras.
- From the camera list you can swipe to the left on any camera to reveal the 'Add to group...' action. Tap on this action to choose which group the camera should be added to.
- Any existing camera groups will be listed along with the option to create a new group. Tap on 'NEW GROUP...' in the bottom left.
- Give your new group a name and tap on 'CREATE' to finish the process.
- Your newly created group will now appear when you select the Video tab under the Camera Groups section.
Video Discovery Web
The creation of custom Camera Groups is not yet available on the web. Please stay tuned for a future announcement.
How to Edit Camera Groups
- Head to the Video tab and select a camera group to view its cameras.
- From the camera list you can swipe to the left on any camera to reveal the 'Remove from group' action. Tap on this action to that camera from the group.
- You can reorder the cameras in the list by tapping and holding your finger down on the list icon to the right side of each camera name. Cameras will appear in the order which they are arranged in this list.
- An entire camera group can be deleted by selecting the 'DELETE CAMERA GROUP' button in the bottom left.
Video Discovery Web
Editing custom Camera Groups is not yet available on the web. Please stay tuned for a future announcement.